Friday, November 4, 2016

Weekend Project


 My Weekend Project

It may not look like it, but this is a project I did using my Cricut!

  
I bought the bookshelf on the Hwy 80 garage sale. The backing is press board and was an ugly brown when I bought it. I slide the shelves out and painted the back the same shade of blue as the walls of the room. While it was drying I cut my stencil using one of the medallions in the Damask Decor Cricut Cartridge. I just used a heavy cardstock so I cut out two. I figured one would get to soggy before I could finish all of my designs. I probably should have cut 3, but 2 worked alright. 
I taped my stencil in place with blue painters tape, then using some white paint and a small foam brush I loaded my brush lightly with the paint and dabbed it on. I was careful to dab straight up and down along the edges so the paint wouldn't seep beyond them and would leave a crisp line. I placed the design in a random pattern. I wish I had put at least one design lower so you could see it on the bottom shelf better, but books will be going there and cover up the lower area.
I thought I would share my project with a couple of Anything Goes type challenges.
PDE Linky Party Challenge 145
Bitten by the Bug 2: Flourishes Challenge


8 comments:

  1. Wow- Wow - Wow! What a great project. I love damask and I guess you do too You turned something plain into something that sparkles in the room. Fantastic. Thanks for joining our flourish challenge this week at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moknowsall, Thanks for stopping by with your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic project! Love how the shelf turned out. That has always been one of my favorite cartridges. Great project for our BBTB2 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pezadoodle. I'm enjoying the cartridge also.

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, I know that swirly cut, it's one of my favorite and I never used it as a stencil. Great idea and amazing result. Thank you for joining us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Valentyna. If you do use it as a stencil, you may need to do it in 2 pieces. 1 for the outer area and 1 for the lower inside bit.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You did such an awesome job on this! I'm so impressed! Damask Decor is one of my favorite cartridges and I think it never got the exposure that it should have, so I love that you used it. Thanks for sharing this lovely project with us at PDE Linky Party!

    Diana ♥
    Leelee Card Designs
    PDE Linky Party Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Diana. It is a rather intimidating cartridge. It lends itself to more non-traditional uses though. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete