Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Thank You cards

Several years ago my husband and I had an antique store in the little town we live near. Occasionally I would run across an old typewriter when out on a buying trip and I'd snatch it up. I love them. Using one makes me feel like a novel writer. The weight and sound the keys make and watching them strike the paper is pretty cool. But, I'm also old enough to remember  typing the same page over and over because I'd leave out a word or an entire line. There was no delete button or cursor to highlight a word. When you made a mistake you had to start over or use white out. When I put the typewriter on display I would always stick a piece of paper in it so people could try it out. Kids especially, thought it was fun to try. That's why when I saw the Close to my Heart Stamp of the Month for April, I knew I had to get it!
There are 17 different sentiments to use
I bought the Blossom Workshop on the Go Kit (G1095) at the same time. I love the colors and I used some of the extra kit supplies to make my Typewriter Thank You cards.
A close up of one of the cards
The paper I used for these cards was some remnants from the Blossom kit. CTMH is generous with the supplies they include in their kits. I also used some of the left over Sequins ( Z3042) and Extra Thick Twine (Z3039) that you can buy separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment