Friday, May 17, 2013

This Little Light of Mine



I have been so busy I haven’t had a chance to get into my craft room to do any papercrafts. That doesn’t mean I haven’t been crafty! For instance, I made this great lamp out of an old coffeepot I picked up at a Thrift Store a couple weeks ago. 
Coffee Pot Lamp

 I went to the hardware store to buy a light kit, but it was too expensive for my pocketbook and besides, this was a re-purpose project.  So, back to the thrift store I went.  I found an ugly, but working lamp but no lampshade for  $3.00.  I took the ugly lamp apart and used the harp, socket, electrical cord, and the threaded pipe that runs down the center. The only part that got thrown away was the ugly outside.  The shade you see is one I already had and goes to another lamp. I have since, found a slightly damaged put very usable shade at a garage sale for $2.00 that’s perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this lamp is awesome! I just love repurposed projects and it was genius to even re-user the lamp light kit! :-)

    ReplyDelete