Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Crochet Cowl Neck Poncho



I don't like to just sit when I'm watching television. I have to be doing some sort of hand work. It's been rainy and a great time to curl up and watch T.V. but what to do?  Fortunately I had
recently run across a pattern for a lovely crocheted poncho with a cowl neck on the Lion Brand Website. It looked fairly straight forward, (only 4 types of stitches) and Michael’s was having a sale on yarn so I took the plunge.  I was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy this was to make. 
Cowl Neck Poncho Pattern # L10742

I used Vanna’s Choice Lion Brand Yarn in Grey Marble. This yarn is easy to work with and very soft. The pattern called for 4 skeins of yarn, but I ended up having to use almost 5.
 I finished it just in time, because a cold front came through and it was just the right weight to keep me warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment