Monday, August 27, 2012

Elephant Memories


Elephant Memories
For my birthday this year my grand-babies went shopping with their mom and got to pick out anything in the store they thought I would want for my birthday. Now before you think that was rather extravagant you have to understand that this was a dollar store where nothing in the store costs over one dollar. I love how 1 and 2 year old mind works. I got some pretty nifty things. The 2 year old scoured the store looking for elephants because she was sure that I wanted an elephant. Since there were none to be found she settled on a multi pack of play dough and a princess jigsaw puzzle for us to play with together, an orange pink flamingo cup for my juice and solar powered dancing flowers. These were a little disappointing because they didn’t dance like the flowers on cartoons. The one year old, who has always loved to pull off my glasses got me a pair of green fun foam glasses with birds on them, a shiny compact, bright green and pink  play dough that bounces and, with coaxing from her daddy, bubba teeth. Needless to say, we spent a fun filled afternoon rolling out play dough worms, balls and other strange objects, working the puzzle, trying on the glasses and teeth and admiring ourselves in the compact. It was a wonderful birthday and we didn’t get one picture. But that’s OK. The memories are there and I may take a picture of my treasures and just journal about the day.
HOLIDAY CAKES Cartridge
Since the oldest wanted to get me an elephant I made her thank you card with an elephant on it. I’m entering it in the 'Elephantly Speaking' challenge over at Bitten by the Bug 2. I used the Cricut Holiday Cakes cartridge for the elephant. The paper is from K&Company Itsy Bitsy Baby Girl Pad.

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute. Love the papers. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i so enjoyed your story :) how fun! and what a sweet thank you card thanks fo rsharing in my challenge at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond adorable... what a great shopping trip and what a wonderful story. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete