Monday, July 23, 2012

Christmas in July


Summer is here in full force. The thermostat is inching up higher by the hour. My herbs are wilting and the garden is browning as it produces fewer and fewer tasty morsels. That’s OK though. It’s too hot to pick and to hot to be in a steamy kitchen canning all day. The freezer is full of peaches and squash and the pantry has a good supply of green beans, pickled cucumbers, banana peppers, green tomatoes and plump juicy red stewed tomatoes.  
The shelves look like Christmas
 The shelves look like Christmas; all red and green. I guess that’s why a “Christmas in July” challenge seems just right about now.
BBTB2, Little Scrap Pieces and GoFish are all challenging everyone to get creative with their Christmas cartridges and have fun with ‘Christmas in July’. I LOVE the Jolly Holidays cartridge but I thought I would challenge myself and try playing with a different Christmas cartridge also.
Background Paper & Lettering are from the Martha Stewart Holidays Pad
For the Challenges I used:
The cartridge Jolly Holidays for
  Branch-Line 5, key 6-S
  Ornament-Line 3, Key 3.
But I also used Cartridge Christmas for
  2 ornaments- Feature Key Blackout, Line 3, Keys 3 & 5
  Happy- Line 2, Key 10-S
  Christmas- Line 2, Key 10.
I rearranged the placement of the ornaments on the limb so my pictures could be seen.
The branch looked a little bare so I did a search for pinecones and found the perfect one on the Lyrical Letters cartridge-Feature Key Jumbo; Line 4, Key 10. I don’t use this cartridge often because I have trouble getting a smooth cut on the thin letters. (Anyone have a tip for this problem?) But the cartridge does have some cute shapes. It was a fun project and got me thinking about things I want to do for Christmas this year. There are so many cute ideas out there.

18 comments:

  1. This turned out so cute. What a great way to showcase these wonderful photos. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHat a sweet layout! Love how you've used your adorable photos. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Your pantry looks pretty good too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, sweet layout, thanks for joining us at BBTB2, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awsome card, great choice for the photos, and your canning looks awesome also....Thanks for sharing your project....

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout,love how you put the photos in the ornaments.Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super layout. I love the way you highlighted your photos by placing them in the ornaments. Thanks for playing along at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca love those beautiful faces in the ornaments what a brilliant idea. Marvelous Christmas layout. thank you so much for joining my challenge for another week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super way to display such cute pictures! Your paper choices are great and I love the little bits of sparkle. Well done. Thanks so much for joining us over at Go Fish Challenge...good luck. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute layout! Fun way to display the photos in the cute ornaments! Thanks for sharing at BBTB2! Your pantry looks good too!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute idea to have the faces in the ornaments. I definitely have to scraplift this idea. By Christmas we will need 4 little ornaments. Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 for the Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute idea of a layout. Love the ornaments. Thanks so much for playing at the Go Fish Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so envious of your shelves of canned goods! My garden was a bust this year. I am just now getting cucumbers and green tomatoes, but the heat is not helping them. Your card is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Go Fish challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. a really sweet layout :) thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome layout! I love how you hung the ornaments on the tree branch and put the photo in the ornaments!! Your canning jars looks so yummy! I love to can but don't do it as much now that it is just DH and I. Seeing your neatly lined up jars makes me want to get a garden going just to can again. lol Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your creations with us on our BBTB2 challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute, such an awesome creation. Thank you so much for joining us over at GoFish! Challenge . Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great layout love the baubles used as frames! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a clever way to use the ornaments on the layout. Thanks for linking up at BBTB2! :)

    ReplyDelete